Lana Milojevic brings years of complex criminal and commercial litigation experience in both state and federal courts to her practice. She supports her clients in all phases of litigation, from pre-litigation counseling and advice, through investigation and discovery, and trials and appeals. Her practice focuses on commercial and business litigation, IP litigation, and white collar defense and internal investigations. Ms. Milojevic represents clients in a wide range of industries, and her matters have included high-stakes contract disputes, fraud, business torts, First Amendment rights and defamation, anti-SLAPP suits, breaches of fiduciary duties, copyright, trademark infringement, trade dress, trade secret, and wrongful termination disputes. As a former prosecutor, Ms. Milojevic developed extensive investigative and court room experience, successfully secured indictments of numerous defendants through the grand jury process, supervised wiretap surveillance, and frequently worked with federal agencies on domestic and cross-border criminal investigations. Her white collar defense and internal investigations practice includes guiding clients through corporate internal investigations, government and regulatory enforcement investigations, and civil enforcement actions.
While in law school, Ms. Milojevic served as an intern at the New York Stock Exchange, Division of Enforcement, where she investigated claims of broker misconduct and proposed appropriate sanctions for regulatory violations. She was also a member of the Moot Court Honor Society where she won two best brief writing awards in national competition, participated in the Intensive Trial Advocacy Program, and was a member of the prestigious Criminal Defense Clinic.
Upon graduating law school, Ms. Milojevic worked as an Assistant Attorney General in the Criminal Enforcement and Financial Crimes Bureau for the Office of the New York State Attorney General, where she prosecuted and conducted investigations into financial crimes including fraud and money laundering at financial institutions, and gained extensive court room experience.
Honors & Recognitions
- Represented online publishing company and one of its journalist in defending First Amendment rights and anti-SLAPP remedies against defamation claims in Florida State Court.
- Represented former COO of international hedgefund in breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty claims against other officers and the fund in New York State Court.
- Represented former directors of K. company against breach of fiduciary duty claims by Trustee in adversary action in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the District of Kansas.
- Represented international asset management firm as defendant in a breach of contract, trademark infringement, unfair competition, and misappropriation action in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Represented swimwear fashion designer in connection with international design registrations and unauthorized counterfeiting claims against U.S. competitors.
- Represented former C-level executive in claims of wrongful termination and fraud in arbitration against international sports apparel company.
News & Publications
Alerts & Articles
- Business Law Journal, 02.11.2020
- U.S. v. Connolly and the Importance of Independent Counsel When Cooperating with Government InvestigationsBusiness Law Journal, 09.03.2019