Scot Yarnell represents California community college districts, county offices of education and public school districts in all areas of general education law, collective bargaining and labor relations, certificated and classified employee matters, pupil personnel issues, charter schools, Brown Act, Public Records Act and conflicts of interest. Mr. Yarnell has also served as the President of the California Council of School Attorneys.
After serving in the United States Navy and before attending law school, Mr. Yarnell was a Deputy Probation Officer in Humboldt County, CA. During his 11 years as a county employee, Mr. Yarnell also served as member, President and Chief Contract Negotiator for Humboldt County Public Employees (AFSCME Local 1684).
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Mr. Yarnell is a part of the FRISK® Leadership Training team and lectures extensively before professional audiences such as CSBA, ACSA, SSDA, CCSA, and other education organizations.
Mr. Yarnell is a contributor to The Legal Handbook for California School Administrators, a desktop reference guide for public school administrators.
- California Legislature Eliminates Personal Belief Exemption to Mandatory Vaccinations for Students (SB 277)EdLawConnect Blog, 07.27.2015
- EdLawConnect Blog, 05.21.2015
- EdLawConnect Blog, 06.19.2014
- EdLawConnect Blog, 06.26.2013
- EdLawConnect Blog, 12.03.2012
- The Brown Act Does Not Prohibit Written Communications to School Board Members, But Conveying Certain Information Can be a ViolationEdLawConnect Blog, 05.08.2012
Community & Professional
- Latrobe Elementary School District Governing Board, Trustee
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member