Greg Warnagieris specializes in construction contract disputes, providing high quality representation to public and private owners, contractors, and design professionals. Mr. Warnagieris has a 24-year track record of securing early, favorable results for his clients. This includes state and federal court claims and arbitrations involving large commercial and public projects such as office buildings, hotels, hospitals, and schools. Mr. Warnagieris also has represented various products liability manufacturers and other parties in catastrophic personal injury claims in federal and state courts. He served as California counsel to one of the world’s largest manufacturers of auto hauler trailers.
Mr. Warnagieris has also represented general contractors in multiple contract and payment disputes, including mechanics lien and related contract claims. He has a good working relationship with Southern California judges and mediators through successful representation of owners, contractors, and other construction parties.
- Represented a general contractor in a $70 million contract dispute involving a $182 million, three-school construction project. The coordinated action included 40 separate lawsuits before the Orange County Superior Court Complex Panel.
Successfully defended large Southern California general contractor of high-rise office building from delay and lost profits claims. Won summary judgment, upheld on appeal, based on novel contract/assignment/standing arguments. Appellate court ruling included recovery of attorney’s fees in excess of $150,000.
- Represented architect in contract dispute over $19 million California state college construction project, including stop notice, release bond, surety and complex contract, change order and delay claims.
- Secured an early dismissal of his client, in a multi-million dollar construction lawsuit involving the $93 million, five-building, 250,000-square-foot Southern California headquarters of a major wireless provider.
- Defended an architectural firm in a $15 million hospital construction contract, delay and change order claim relating to a $100-million, 220,000-square-foot hospital project.
- Favorably resolved claim on behalf of client related to Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) State Route 241 toll road construction and design, including joint powers design-build agreements and various construction and engineering contract claims.
- Attained early summary judgment rulings against claims of defective brake system, resulting in dismissal of client manufacturer in 17-vehicle truck accident case involving two deaths and ten plaintiffs. Has advised products manufacturers on regulatory compliance matters.
- Secured favorable settlement for developer in 63-unit luxury home case.
- Successfully represented merchant builder in 600-home case, and large Japanese developer in luxury townhome case.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Mr. Warnagieris is a frequent speaker, presenter, and trainer. Recent work includes:
- Seminars and training in 2014 and 2015 to BB&T Insurance regarding the California Fair Claims Practices Act
- Business Ethics Seminars in 2014 in Los Angeles and Orange counties
- Seminars on punitive damages, contract and indemnity issues, and design professional standards of care
Mr. Warnagieris is a contributor to several publications, including Revised Jury Instructions on Professional Negligence for the California Judicial Council and an article on punitive damages for the International Association of Defense Counsel.
Community & Professional
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Business Litigation and Products Liability Sections, Member
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society, Member