Dan Bulfer has more than 10 years of experience representing employers in labor and employment matters. Mr. Bulfer is a trusted advisor to clients on a broad range of employment, compliance, and risk management issues, assisting clients in all stages of the employment relationship from hiring through workplace investigations, corrective action, and termination when required. A problem-solver, analyst, innovative thinker, and business strategist, he helps clients find non-litigated solutions whenever possible. But, when litigation cannot be avoided, Mr. Bulfer vigorously and efficiently defends clients before administrative agencies and courts, from the filing of the initial charge or complaint through the highest stages of appeal.
In addition to his comprehensive labor and employment experience, Mr. Bulfer has represented contractors, designers, and governmental agencies in connection with a wide array of construction-related issues. He counsels construction industry clients on competitive bidding, contract drafting and administration, scheduling and delay issues, differing site conditions, change orders, mechanics lien, stop payment notice and bond rights, and other project-level issues. He has handled multimillion-dollar disputes on a number of high profile construction projects, achieving favorable resolutions on behalf of his clients.
Prior to becoming a litigator, Mr. Bulfer worked in-house for the California Department of Justice and in the private sector. With a background in information technology and management, he has a passion for emerging technologies and a high degree of technical literacy. He understands the business of leadership, dispute resolution, and risk management, and devises legal and risk mitigation strategies that facilitate growth and account for business realities.
Dan’s representative clients include medical device companies, technology and fintech firms, property managers, general contractors and subcontractors, healthcare providers, food and beverage manufacturers, public utilities, government agencies, as well as individual shareholders, officers, and directors.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Mr. Bulfer is a frequent presenter at conferences and before industry groups.
Alerts & Articles
- California Supreme Court Clarifies Scope of "Good Faith Dispute" Exception to Prompt Payment Statutes05.24.2018
- California Appellate Court Restricts General Contractors’ Ability to Rely on Subcontractor Bid Price09.15.2016
- Liability for Subcontractors' Failure to Pay Laborers on Private Works: How to Protect Your Company (Business Credit Magazine, July/August 2019)
- California Expands Construction Manager At-Risk Authorization for Certain Public Entities (Real Estate Finance Journal, Winter 2018)
- New Limits on Design Professionals' Duty to Defend and Indemnify (AGC California Constructor Magazine, May/June 2018)
- Business Law Journal, 09.12.2020
- Business Law Journal, 11.18.2019
- Business Law Journal, 08.19.2019
- Business Law Journal, 05.14.2019
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, Member