Kevin Favro advises clients in a variety of corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, financing and other securities offerings, commercial and licensing agreements, entity structuring and other corporate and real estate transactional matters. Kevin also represents clients on complex tax issues relating to structuring of mergers and acquisitions, inbound and outbound cross-border transactions, employee compensation plans, and tax controversy. Kevin has worked with clients in technology, gaming, finance, digital media, entertainment, apparel, AR/VR, and manufacturing construction.
Kevin earned a joint J.D. and LL.M. in Taxation in three years while also completing a corporate law concentration and tax law concentration with honors. During law school, Kevin served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Maureen A. Tighe in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California. Prior to joining AALRR, Kevin worked for the Walt Disney Company where he was part of the legal and tax team structuring international cross-border transactions predominately in the LATAM and APAC regions.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Buy-side representation of a privately-owned digital media company, in its acquisition of a video-game developer
- Sell-side representation of a leading commercial equipment finance provider with a sale of its financing business to a public company
- Sell-side representation of a VC-backed start-up technology company and creator of online annotation software and tools, in the sale of all of its outstanding voting capital stock to a public company
- Buy-side representation of a foreign information technology and services company in an acquisition of a digital design and software engineering company
- Sell-side representation of one of the world’s largest landscaping companies sell to a leading private equity firm in a tax efficient “F-reorg” transaction
- Buy-side representation of Pluto TV in the acquisition of certain assets and online streaming platform from an international digital media company
- Sell-side representation of a highly regarded Third Party Administrator specializing in group benefits and related services, in the sale of all its assets to a private equity-backed health care conglomerate
- Sell-side representation of a custom carbide brazed tools company, in the sale of all its assets to a large tool manufacturer
- Representation of an agricultural company with products in 41 states and three Canadian provinces as issuer with its capital raise
- Representation of a construction company in stock redemption transaction
- Representation of an electric vehicle manufacturer in connection with a $25 million revolving credit facility agreement
- Representation of a shipping industry-leader company in connection with a strategic joint venture to develop an integrated online platform to streamline terminal operations by using artificial intelligence/machine learning tools and advanced analytics
- Representation of a privately-owned digital media company, in its investment in a US-based video games business, for $7 million