Geoffrey La Val represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including regulatory compliance and the defense of wage and hour class actions and representative action lawsuits under the California Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA).
Mr. La Val has significant experience handling class actions lawsuits. Previously, Mr. La Val represented consumers in state and nationwide class action lawsuits involving false and deceptive advertising.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. La Val enjoys spending his free time with his family and is an avid skier, hiker, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Alerts & Articles
- In a Big Win for California Employers, the United States Supreme Court Opens the Door to Enforcement of Arbitration Agreements in PAGA Cases06.15.2022
- California Supreme Court Again Expands Liability for Employers by Allowing Derivative Wage Statement and Waiting Time Penalty Claims for Unpaid Meal and Rest Period Premiums05.25.2022
- In an Increasingly Rare Employer-Side Victory, California Court of Appeal Confirms Trial Courts Can Dispose of Unmanageable PAGA Actions09.20.2021
- California Supreme Court Nixes Meal Period Rounding and Places Burden on Employers to Rebut Presumption of Liability for Missed, Short, or Late Recorded Meal Periods03.02.2021
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 09.21.2021