Runmin (Ivy) Gao is a tenacious litigator who specializes in all types of complex commercial and business matters involving contract disputes, fraud, investment issues, corporate governance disputes, and the protection of trade secrets. She has obtained successful results for her clients in numerous court proceedings, mediations, arbitrations and trials. Using her experience in commercial litigation and her unique background as a native of China, and having studied PRC law in China, Ms. Gao provides advice to business entities especially on cross-border transactions and international contract negotiations. Ms. Gao began her legal career in Beijing, China, where she represented multinational financial institutions and corporations in transactional investment banking and finance matters.
During law school, Ms. Gao received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for achieving the highest grade in Property Law. She served as an extern for Emerson Electric Co. at its global headquarters, assisting with international compliance issues and Chinese regulations. In her spare time, Ms. Gao enjoys writing Chinese calligraphy, playing the piano, and reading.
Honors & Recognitions
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Property Law
- Distinguished Exchange Student, University of Oxford, Oriel College
Newstart Real Estate Inv. LLC v. Huang, 37 Cal. App. 5th 159 (Ct. App. 2019).
News & Publications
- Recent Amendment to California’s Homestead Exemption May Make Recovery On Personal Monetary Judgments More DifficultBusiness Law Journal, 04.02.2021
Community & Professional
- Volunteer, Southern California Chinese Lawyer Association Pro Bono Clinic
- Volunteer, Christian Legal Aid of Los Angeles Pro Bono Clinic
J.D., Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
LL.M., Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
LL.B., China University of Political Science and Law
Exchange Student, University of Oxford, Oriel College
M.B.A., Westcliff University
- 2016, California
- U.S. District Courts, Central, Northern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado