Joyce Yu represents Southern California local educational agencies in all aspects of general education law and labor and employment matters, including certificated and classified employee discipline, discrimination and harassment claims, and contract grievances. Ms. Yu also provides advice and general counsel on matters relating to charter schools, board governance, student discipline, First Amendment rights, Public Records Act, and technology.
Ms. Yu earned her J.D. from the University of California, Irvine School of Law, where she served on the boards of the Student Bar Association and Asian Pacific American Law Student Association. During law school, she earned multiple Faculty and Dean’s Awards for top performances in courses, served as Associate Editor for the UC Irvine Law Review, and received Pro Bono High Honors each year for serving underrepresented communities in areas of environmental law, labor and employment law, and immigration law.
Ms. Yu also served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Jacqueline Nguyen in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and currently serves on the Executive Board of the Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers Alliance.
News & Publications
Alerts & Articles
- Local Educational Agencies And Other Public Agencies Subject To New Rebuttable Presumption Standard for COVID-19 Workers’ Compensation Claims10.06.2020
- Southern California Health Orders Govern the Ability of Educational Employers to Return Non-Essential Workers to Campus06.02.2020
Community & Professional
- Executive Board Member, Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers Alliance
- Volunteer, Asian Pacific American Bar Association Pro Bono Clinic
- Volunteer, Southern California Chinese Lawyer Association Pro Bono Clinic